Parishes in this Rural Deanery in 1903
Outline map of Parishes in 1903
Anglican churches of Bethnal Green - list and descriptions with numbers corresponding to outline map.
Civil registration records for Bethnal Green parish are now held by Tower Hamlets Register Office, who are developing an index to the records.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BETHNAL GREEN, a parish within the borough of the Tower Hamlets, lower division of the hundred of Ossulstone, in the county of Middlesex, 2 miles to the N.E. of St. Paul's, London. It formed part of the parish of Stepney until 1743, when it was severed, and erected into an independent parish. " (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Bethnal Green and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 07 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation