Parishes in this Rural Deanery in 1903
Outline map of Parishes in 1903
Anglican churches of Chelsea - list in alphabetic order with numbers corresponding to outline map.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"CHELSEA, a petty sessions town, and extensive suburban district of London, comprising the parishes of Upper Chelsea, Lower Chelsea and part of Knightsbridge, being locally in the Kensington division of the hundred of Ossulstone, in the county of Middlesex, 3 miles S.W. of St. Paul's. " (There is more of this description).
"CREMORNE HOUSE, in the parish of Chelsea, hundred of Ossulstone, in the county of Middlesex, 2 miles S.W. of St. Paul's, London. It is situated on the river Thames, and is now a place of amusement, but once the seat of Viscount Cremorne. [Cremorne Road is on modern maps as the continuation Westwards of Cheyne Walk. ]"
"LITTLE CHELSEA, a hamlet partly in the parish of Chelsea and partly in that of Kensington, hundred of Ossulstone, in the county of Middlesex, half a mile S.W. of Chelsea. It contains St. George's workhouse, formerly the residence of the earls of Shaftesbury; Chelsea Park, the Pavilion, and the "Goat and Boots" inn, the sign of which was originally painted by Moreland.
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Chelsea and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 07 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation