Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"EALING, a parish in the Kensington division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex, 1½ mile N. of Brentford, 6½ miles W. of London by road, or 5.J by the Great Western railway. It contains the hamlet of Little Ealing and chapelry of Old Brentford, which together contain above 10,000 inhabitants. " (There is more of this description).
"DRAYTON GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Ealing, in the county of Middlesex, 2 miles N. of Brentford, and 1 mile W. of Ealing. The Great Western railway passes through it."
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Ealing and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 07 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation