Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"EDGWARE, a parish in the hundred of Gore, county Middlesex, 8 miles N.W. of London. It is situated on the St. Alban's road, about 3 miles N.W. of the railway station at Harrow, and includes Little Stanmore, Edgware Brys, and part of Elstree. " (There is more of this description).
"PAGE STREET, a hamlet in the parish of Edgware, county Middlesex, 1 mile E. of Edgware. The principal residence is Copt Hall, the seat of the Nicholls family. [On a 2003 map, Page Street is a road just south of Mill Hill, as the Western boundary of Copthall playing field.]"
"REDHILL, a hamlet in the parish of Edgware, county Middlesex, 1 mile S.E. of Edgware. [2003 map shows Redhill Drive, on the West of Burnt Oak Broadway, joining Holmstall Avenue.]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Edgware and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 07 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation