Outline map of parishes of Finsbury, Middlesex in 1903
Click on a parish name in list below map for more information about parishes with creation date
and name as used by London Metropolitan Archives.
For clearer display or print, see map in pdf format.
- 1 St James, Pentonville, Clerkenwell
- 2 St Philip, Granville Square, Clerkenwell
- 3 Holy Redeemer, Clerkenwell
- 4 St Mark, Myddelton Square, Clerkenwell
- 5 St Matthew, City Road (from St Luke, Old Street)
- 6 St James, Clerkenwell
- 7 St Peter, St John Street Road, Clerkenwell
- 8 St Barnabas, King Square (from St Luke, Old Street)
- 9 St Clement, Lever Street, City Road (from St Luke, Old Street)
- 10 St John the Baptist, St John Square, Clerkenwell
- 11 St Paul, Pear Tree Street, Goswell Road, Clerkenwell
- 12 St Luke, Old Street
- 13 Charterhouse (extra-parochial place)
- 14 St Thomas, Charterhouse, Goswell Road (from St Luke, Old Street)
- 15 St Mary, Charterhouse, Golden Lane (from St Luke, Old Street)
- 16 St Paul, Finsbury, Bunhill Row (from St Luke, Old Street)
- - Merchant Taylors' Chapel (not shown on map)
Parish boundaries traced from "A map of the Ecclesiastical Divisions within
the County of London, 1903" published by Edward Stanford of
London, reprinted as a facsimile by the London Topographical
Society. List from that map is of parishes within the rural deanery of Finsbury in 1903;
they were sub-divisions of the historic parishes of Clerkenwell and St Luke,
They are in the Archdeaconry of London, and Diocese of London.
We have a list of other deaneries.
Map and list by David Hawgood. ©2003,
page modified 17 Dec 2003