Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HADLEY, (or Monken Hadley), a parish in the hundred of Edmonton, county Middlesex, 1 mile N.E. of Chipping Barnet. It is situated near Enfield Chase, and is intersected by the Great Northern railway, which passes through the wood, having a station at Barnet. " (There is more of this description).
"POTTERS BAR, a hamlet in the parishes of Hadley and South Mimms, county Middlesex, 4 miles N.E. of Barnet, and 3 N. by E. of Chipping-Barnet. It is a station on the Great Northern railway. The living is a perpetual car.* in the diocese of London, value £170, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. John, was built at the expense of G. Byng, Esq."
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Hadley and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 07 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation