Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HAMPTON, a parish in the hundred of Spelthorne, county Middlesex, 2 miles W. of Kingston, and 13 from London. Hampton Court is the station on the South-Western railway. The Thames Valley railway, in course of construction, runs through New Hampton and Hampton. The parish, which comprises 3,190 acres, with a population in 1861 of 5,399, is situated on the river Thames. It contains Hampton, New Hampton, and Hampton Court. " (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Hampton and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 07 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation