Parishes in this Rural Deanery in 1903
Anglican churches in Holborn in 1903 - An expanded version of the 1903 list of parishes, showing dates of creation of parishes, and the name used for the records in the London Metropolitan Archives, and elsewhere. The ancient parishes were split into many smaller ones as London grew.
Outline map of Parishes in 1903
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HOLBORN ST. ANDREW, a parish in the hundred of Ossulstone, and borough of Finsbury, county Middlesex. See London."
"ELY RENTS, (and Ely Place), liberties in the parish of Holborn St. Andrew, Holborn division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex. See London. [In 2003, Ely Place runs North from Holborn Circus.]
"SAFFRON HILL, a liberty in the parish of Holborn St. Andrew, Holborn division of Ossulstone hundred, county Middlesex. See London. [On 2003 street map between Hatton Garden and Farringdon Road.]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Holborn and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 18 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation