Click on a parish name for alphabetical list of parishes - a fuller description of the parish, with its grid reference and link to a modern street map will be added later. For clearer display or print, see map in pdf format.
Parish boundaries traced from "A map of the Ecclesiastical Divisions within the County of London, 1903" published by Edward Stanford of London, reprinted as a facsimile by the London Topographical Society. List from that map is of parishes within the rural deanery of Poplar in 1903; they were all originally in the parish of Stepney. Bromley St. Leonard split from it in 1536; St Mary, Stratford-atte-Bow in 1719, and Poplar All Saints in 1817. The other parishes are later sub-divisions of these three. They are in the Archdeaconry of London, and Diocese of London. We have a list of other deaneries.
Map and list by David Hawgood. ©2003, page modified 17 Dec 2003