Parishes in Westminster Rural Deanery in 1903, and Anglican churches in Westminster in 1890/1905 have some information on this and other churches in this historic parish, including records, whether churches are still open, and where they are.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"ST. GEORGE HANOVER SQUARE, a parish in the city of Westminster, county Middlesex."
"PIMLICO, a parochial district, formerly a chapelry, in the parish of St. George Hanover Square, borough and city of Westminster, county Middlesex, 3 miles W. by S. of St. Paul's. It was constituted a separate ecclesiastical district by an order in council in July, 1830. It is bounded on the E. by St. James's and the Green Parks, and belongs to the Grosvenor family. " (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of St George's Hanover Square and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 18 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation