Our list giving location and history of Stepney deanery churches includes those in this parish.
Civil registration records for St George in the East parish are now held by Tower Hamlets Register Office, who are developing an index to the records.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"ST. GEORGE IN THE EAST, a parish in the Tower division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex, 2 miles E. of St. Paul's, London. Previous to 1727 it formed a hamlet in the parish of Stepney, but is now a metropolitan parish, entirely built over, except such portion as is occupied by the London Docks. See London. [By Cannon Street Road.]
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of St George in the East and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 18 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation