The parish registers and other records are held at City of Westminster Archives Centre and listed in detail in their guide. They include Baptisms, 1551-1657, 1660-1965; Confirmations, 1887-1955 (Indexed 1887-1914); Banns, 1699-1725, 1729-1966; Marriages, 1551-1968; Burials, 1551-1853. The parish bought an additional burial ground at Pratt Street, Camden Town in 1803, and registers 1806-1856 are also at the Westminster Archives, and an index has been published by the LWMFHS. There is a rich collection of other records.
Parishes in Westminster Rural Deanery in 1903, and Anglican churches in Westminster in 1890/1905 have some information on this and other churches in this historic parish, including records, whether churches are still open, and where they are.
The church of St Martin in the Fields is a notable landmark at the Eastern side of Trafalgar Square. It was rebuilt in 1722 by James Gibb.
Links to maps of St Martin in the Fields and places within its boundaries.
Settlement examinations (1750-1775) have been made available on line by the City of Westminster Archives Centre
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 06 May 2012 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation