Parishes in Westminster Rural Deanery in 1903, and Anglican churches in Westminster in 1890/1905 have some information on this and other churches in this historic parish, including records, whether churches are still open, and where they are.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"MILLBANK, a hamlet and suburban district of London, in the parish of Westminster St. John, in the Kensington division of Ossulstone hundred, county Middlesex, 2 miles S.W. of St. Paul's. It is situated between Westminster and Vauxhall bridges, on the N. bank of the Thames, and had a seat of the Mordaunts and Grosvenors. The principal buildings are the Penitentiary, situated beyond the Horseferry, and Holy Trinity Church, at Besborough Gardens, built by Archdeacon Bentinck in 1849. See Westminster."
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
Links to maps of Westminster St John and places within its boundaries.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
[Originally created by David Hawgood. Last updated 18 Jun 2011 by Andrew Millard]
© GENUKI. GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI, see About GENUKI as an organisation