"COULSDON, (or Cullesden), a parish in the first division of the hundred of Wallington, in the county of Surrey, 2½ miles S. of the Caterham Junction station on the London and Brighton line, and 5 S. of Croydon, its post town.
The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £636, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church, dedicated to St. John the Evangelist, is a plain structure. The register commences in 1813. There are National schools for both sexes. Byron's charity produces about £5 per annum.