Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
EAST BLATCHINGTON is a parish, in the Eastern division of the county, Flexborough hundred, Pevensey rape, Lewes county court district, archdeaconry and rural deanery, diocese of Chichester, Newhaven union, situated a quarter of a mile north-west of Seaford. The church of St. Peter is a Norman structure, in good repair: it consists of nave, chancel, tower, and low shingle spire: the east window of the chancel contains a stained glass window, representing The Crucifixion, Entombment and Resurrection of Christ, underneath which is a figure of Abraham offering up Isaac, and Joseph being lowered into the Pit, and his being lifted therefrom. The register dates from 1611. The living is a rectory, yearly value £200, with residence, in the gift of the trustees of John King, Esq., and held by the Rev. Robert Nathaniel Dennis, B.A., of Clare College Cambridge. The trustees of the late John King, Esq., are lords of the manor, and own the whole of the parish, with the exception of l7 acres Government property. 0n the beach is an extensive battery. Area of the parish, 821 acres; the population in 1861 was 128.[Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]