Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
EDBURTON is a parish and small village, in the Western division of the county, union of Steyning,
Atherington and Poynings hundred, Bramber rape, diocese of Chichester, archdeaconry of Lewes, and
Brighton county court district, 56 miles south from London, 4 east from Steyning, and 4 south-east from
Henfield. The church of St. Andrew is an ancient, small, but neat structure: it has nave, chancel, north
aisle, and tower with 3 bells. The living is a rectory, value £379 per annum, in the gift of the Archbishop
of Canterbury, and now vacant. Here is a Free school. The area is 2,651 acres, and the population in 1861
FULKING, Folking, or Faulking, is a hamlet of this parish, with a population of 188, and is in East Sussex, half a mile east.