Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
FOLKINGTON is a small village and parish, situated under the Downs, 4 miles from Eastbourne, and 11 from Lewes, in the Eastern division of the county, Longbridge hundred, Eastbourne union, Lewes county court district and archdeaconry, Pevensey rape and rural deanery, and diocese of Chichester. The church of St. Peter is a small building. The register dates from the sixteenth century. The living is a rectory, tithe rent-charge £217, with 10 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of Earl De La Warr, and held by the Rev. Henry Kelson, M.A.. of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge. Here are three almshouses for widows, and a Parochial school. F. Sheppard, Esq., is the principal landowner and lord of the manor. Teasels are grown here. The population in 1861 was 154; area, 1,521 acres. WOOTTON and WANNOOK are in this parish.[Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]