Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
FORD is a parish and railway station, 2 miles south-south-west from Arundel, 61 from London, about 20
from Brighton, 9 from Chichester, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Avisford, rape,
county court district and rural deanery of Arundel, East Preston incorporation, archdeaconry and diocese
of Chichester, bounded on the east by the river Arun. The church of St. Andrew has been recently
restored. The register dates from 1627. The living is a rectory, value £230 per annum, in the gift of the
Bishop of Chichester, and held by the Rev. David Evans, M.A., of St. Peter's College, Cambridge. The
parish belongs chiefly to Christ's Hospital. The Portsmouth and Arundel Canal joins the Arun in this
parish, but it is now disused. The area is 478 acres, and the population in 1861 was 82.
Wicks is half a mile north-west; NORTH WOOD is a farm.