Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
GRAFFHAM is a parish, in the Western division of the county, Easebourne hundred, Chichester rape, diocese and archdeaconry, West Hampnett Union, Midhurst county court district and rural deanery, 4 miles south-east from Midhurst. The church of St, Giles is in the Norman style: it has a nave, chancel, north and south aisles, 3 bells, and neat shingle spire. The register commences in 1665. The living is a rectory, united with Woollavington, joint annual value £277, with residence, in the gift of the Right Rev. Samuel Wilberforce, D.D., the present Bishop of Oxford, and held by the Rev. Richard William Randall, M.A., of Christ Church, Oxford. Here are National schools for boys and girls. The Right Rev. Samuel Wilberforce is the principal landowner. The area is 1,658 acres, and the population in 1861 was 410.[Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]